Animal Care Sanctuary (ACS) is looking to increase their efforts and the number of animals they can reach. Annually, 1.5 million animals are euthanized because of overcrowding at shelters (ASPCA). Although we do all we can with our current facility, there are always more animals that could use our help. Here are some reasons why foster families are essential to operations at ACS:
- Increase the number of adoptions. By advertising for your foster directly on your own social media and by taking your foster to public functions, you greatly increase their chances of finding a forever home. You are able to show off their endearing qualities better than the sanctuary would, as they are unable to spend the same amount of time with the animal as you would be able to. You can also focus more of your time advertising for one specific animal than the sanctuary would be able to (Petsafe).
- Some animals thrive outside of the sanctuary. The sanctuary environment causes many animals stress, which decreases their likelihood of being adopted. They become sickly and less friendly, making potential adopters overlook them. When allowed the opportunity to live comfortably and present their better qualities, adopters are drawn to them more easily.
- Giving more animals the opportunity to be marketed and placed in their forever homes by us. As a foster, you can help us to give these animals a home that will fit their needs. A down- side to a no kill shelter is that we have to turn animals away, but fostering gives some of these animals the opportunity to find their forever homes- and you can be a part of it.
- Increase your animals’- and the foster’s- social skills. While you foster an animal, you are working on making them as adoptable as possible, and interactions to socialize them with your animals can help to achieve this. At the same time, however, you are able to socialize your own animals (Petsafe).
- Saving lives. Most importantly, you are saving this animal’s life and giving them an opportunity to find their forever home (Petsafe). You will also be saving the lives of the animals you make room for in the sanctuary, making the benefits of your commitment and sacrifice increase each time another animal is able to be accepted into the sanctuary.
If you are interested in helping ACS with this cause, apply to join our foster care network on our website (https://www.animalcaresanctuary.org/foster-family-program/) or contact our Foster Care Coordinator at email@example.com.
#GivingTuesday is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This day (November 27, 2018) celebrates the generosity of giving for the Christmas and holiday season. It stands in contrast to the commercialization of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Last year, over $300M was raised on this single day, with over 2 Million donations, across 150 countries.
About Animal Care Sanctuary
Animal Care Sanctuary (ACS), one of the oldest No Kill Shelters in the US, provides direct care for hundreds of dogs & cats in need, every year. These animals are rescued from puppy mills, hoarding situations, animal abuse situations, special needs, owner surrenders, and areas hit by disaster.
Our supporters, donors and volunteers make our work possible. ACS welcomes your help to raise funds not only to protect the rescued animals, but our communities as well. With your help, hundreds of companion animals that would otherwise not have access to veterinary care and the chance for a forever loving home will get the chance they each deserve.
Our Goal This Giving Tuesday – Raise $5,000 to help with the kennel remodel
- Our kennel is very old so the remodel is a very expensive necessity.
- We are currently renovating in phases as we get the money to do so in order to continue offering life- saving care for our animals.
- Having to cut down on the number of animals in house is preventing us from saving more lives; please donate to help us make a difference for even more animals.
How You Can Help – Donations, Volunteering Your Time & Adding Your Voice
- For every $1 donated, one of our donors will match donations up to $500, doubling the impact of your donation
- Facebook together with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation matched up to $2 million in donations to nonprofits on Facebook.
- If you have good writing, photography or social media skills consider volunteering between now and #GivingTuesday.
- Organize a #GivingTuesday Team
- Use the power of your network of friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and businesses to help us get the word out on our goals
The Animal Care Sanctuary, is a registered 501c(3) Public Charitable Organization in existence for more than 51 years. All donations are tax deductible
Please watch for more information about ACS and our progress on #GivingTuesday at
OUR EAST SMITHFIELD LOCATION
East Smithfield, PA 18817
East Smithfield, PA 18817
Wellsboro, PA 16901
VISIT OUR ONLINE PHARMACY
Together we can make a difference.
Animal Care Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization — contributions to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The official registration and financial information of Animal Care Sanctuary may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, (800) 732-0999.
Registration does not imply endorsement.
Tax ID- 22-1837635
© 2021 Animal Care Sanctuary
Site Maintenance: Thirsty Fish Graphic Design